perjantai 12. huhtikuuta 2013

Webmin for RaspberryPi

I wanted to try webmin which is a program or more likely GUI that can monitor your system from the browser. Webadmin is a good tool for server admin if you don't remember all the Linux codes. I found the instructions from the internet and again I am just going to copy paste it here as it is very simple process and worked out of the box.

choose a place where you want to install it and:

$ mkdir webmin
$ cd webmin
$ wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin-1.580.tar.gz
$ gunzip webmin-1.580.tar.gz
$ tar xf webmin-1.580.tar
$ cd webmin-1.580
$ sudo ./setup.sh /usr/local/webmin



Then set settings as you want or if you want to use the defaults press enter about 3-7 times.
After this it should say installation completed and you can find the webadmin page by pointing your browser for example http//localhost:10000 (10000 is the default port)



Next I have to open ports from my router to access my Pi outside my home network. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti