perjantai 10. toukokuuta 2013

Refreshing memory, testing puppet

It's been a long time since a used puppet and I wanted to refresh my memory a little bit. I created a simple puppet code that creates a file in tmp folder to see if puppet is working correctly.

Start always by updating repositories

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get -y install puppet

Preparations. I created puppet folder hierarchy on my desktop.

$ pwd
/home/username/Desktop
$ mkdir puppet
$ cd puppet
$ mkdir modules
$ cd modules

and here we can create our modules. Because this will be a test file I create a folder named test.

$ mkdir test
$ cd test
$ mkdir manifests
$ cd manifests
$ nano init.pp

class test {

file { '/tmp/test':
ensure => file,
mode => 777,
content => "foo is so bar",
}
}


cd to puppet folder and then apply.

$ puppet apply --modulepath modules/ -e 'class {"test":}'


$ warning: Could not retrieve fact fqdn
notice: /Stage[main]/Test/File[/tmp/test]/ensure: defined content as '{md5}082ba698ca7aa38660ca953b78f87b40'
notice: Finished catalog run in 0.09 seconds

And now if you check tmp folder there is a new file.







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti